Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Atmega32 for a IR Dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortalo

Hi yall !
I Need to do a Dimmer using a SONY remote control. The problem is that those Sony controlers use some kind of control-S protocol to identify the buttons, so When you push a button the controler send a series of pulses at a different time intervals. im planning to use some kind of ir receiver like the TSOP 1738 IR.

But...
I dont quite understand how can i make a delay on atmega32 to identify logic ones to zeroes to know wich button was pressed.

so assuming that i detect a falling edge and that a logic one equals 20ms on a low level and i want to know if it was a logic one...
i use.

CTC ?
Cristal of 8MHZ
20ms = 50hz
N = 256 prescaler
foc = fclk / (2 * N * (1 + OCR))

OCR for my would be:
OCR = (8000000 / 2 * 256 * 50) - 1

Any help would be apreciated.

Sony remotes use the SIRC's system, it's fully explained in my PIC tutorials, but you will have to write your own AVR code - it's a nice simple system to both receive and transmit.

Hey Nigel, thanks for your answer, i was reading your tutorials on how to do what i asked, ill be sure to check it out when i have time.
thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back