Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using an accelerometer to measure speed MPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know uber, I mentioned the drift issue, if you're accelerating under 1G it's the worst RC car known to man =) I'd worry about too much not to little acceleration.

Well maybe 1G is being generous. But yeah, nitro RC cars can do 0-60 in 2-4 seconds. G ood ones have a top speed over 100mph on flat ground. The hard part is keeping them under control. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, the original poster hasn't commented in about two days.

Mattel sold one for a bit for speed testing their Hotwheels car launchers. I'm not sure if you can still find them. Experimenters were absolutely floored when they opened it up and found a REAL working RADAR emitter/receiver/mixer. The device used a simple audio frequency counter to measure the dopler shift from the mixer.

Amazon.com: Hot Wheels Radar Gun: Toys & Games
Found that from a quick google search, I'm sure you can do better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back