Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using ADC with PIC16F88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom81

Hi Guys,

I'm currently designing a digital pressure guage using a PIC16F88. Here's a quick overview of how it works: Positive (Guage) Pressure is measured via a small pressure sensor (output voltage changes with pressure linearly). The PIC reads the voltage via ADC reg and converts it to a 3-digit number. The number is then displayed on 4x 7-segment display.

I've tested the circuit on a prototype board. Works at treat. I'm now in process of soldering the components to a PCB. Before I do so, I need to check one thing.

I've used RA2 and RA3 as -VREF and +VREF. The voltage applied to these pins is produced via two simple Voltage dividers using resistors in series (as shown in attached image). Question: Do I need to a current limiting resistor before each pin? Or does the Micro use internal resistors?

I don't want to blow it up!

Thanks in advance

Tom

Attachments

• Elec1-Model.pdf
    24.7 KB · Views: 641
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back