Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using AB Micro830 to control servo valve and solenoid valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanlch

Hi,
I am currently working on a thesis on programming a basic process tank, I need to control the servo valve and solenoid valve so that the water can reach the desired setpoint. However, I encounter some problems along the way. The solenoid valve requires a 24volt voltage to be switched on and the servo valve requires a 20mA current to be open. I wired the solenoid valve to one of the embedded output on the PLC and wired the servo valve on the analog output on the PLC.

My questions are
1) Would the embedded output of the PLC be strong enough to turn on the solenoid valve?
2) Where should I wire the solenoid valve onto? Com or O1, O2, O3 ?
3) How do you program the plc to output an analog value to the servo valve from the analog output?
4) Can someone please tell me what is the characteristic of the embedded i/o? EG, if I assign a Boolean “1” on the output what would happen to the com / output?

Thanks in advance =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back