Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using a timer plug on refrigerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJJJ

I think the thermostat circuit on my refrigerator is spoilt, and the compressor is running non-stop.

Sending the machine to repair is costly and repairing myself is time consuming as well.

I am thinking to save the trouble and use a timer plug on the refrigerator. Do you think this will damage the refrigerator?

If it's running all the time it's probably had it anyway, it's more likely to not be cooling properly than the thermstat - easy to tell, if it's runing permanently then it should be far colder than usual, and all frosted up inside. If it is the thermostat, it's usually a pretty simple job to replace it.

Considering a fridge is all about keeping food safe, you really don't want to be messing about with a duff one.

Playing about with my freezer I found a small leak in the inside stainless skin had allowed water to seep into the insulation over the years and then the insulation no longer insulates.

My freezer just kept going all day and night. I used such a timer for a while but the food starts to get thawed so you have to leave it on longer and longer.

It wont hurt anything then to use a timer and when it gets to be on all day then get rid of the fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back