Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using a PC as a controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnyx

I read about https://www.uashem.com/pageid-73.html and it sounds pretty straightforward.
Has anyone tried it?
Do you think there's a better way to do it?

Also, I know little about how USB works but does anyone know if it can be done with a USB port and if so how would I write a program to send signals to the USB port.

Also, do you think there might be a commercial version - like a pc card or something available?
Thanks everyone!

Check out the UBW (USB Bit Wacker) at sparkfun.com. It will create the USB connection you want and more (like ADC). You can **broken link removed** the schematics, get a kit, or a ready to go unit. The sparkfun kit is $20. Software examples for the PC side are included in Liberty Basic but you can use whatever language you want.

thanks 3v0! - i'll definitely consider UBW...though I'd like to play with the very simple (parallel port) solution too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back