Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using a Multimeter (Noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Fisher

Hi, I am fixing my mate's Marshall Footswitch, it was cutting in out on one channel so I cut it back and re-soldered the wires. So now I am up to testing it.

I just bought a Multimeter (it is nothing special) and I was wondering how to test the switch? When we first tested it, I saw my mate test the single cord coming from the footswitch... But I don't understand this if all the diagrams involving Multimeters use both testing cords.

Here is a pic of the switch.
https://en.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/PEDL009.JPG (Close enough).

So I'm testing the cord, correct? What measurement should I have the Multimeter on, and what cord do I use (red or black)?

Thanks, Mark

Try this link. I think you care about continuity and resistance sections.
Multimeter Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back