Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using a metronome headphone output to power the smallest spst relay i can get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

granada1

Hi all. This is my first post so here goes: I've recently bought a music 'sampler' unit with the option to tap in a tempo with a spst normally open footswitch. It shorts to earth when pressed and creates a single musical drum sound.
The problem is, there is no way of connecting a metronome to the unit, so tempo will always be approximate - eg as my foot taps it. I was wondering if I could work a small spst normally open relay, from the headphone output of my metronome - thereby being able to connect the footswitch wires to each pole of the relay, so that a tempo speed on the metronome will trigger/pulse the spst relay on and off, as if my foot was doing it?
Hope this makes sense. The metronome has an output voltage from the headphone socket of 0.01 volts as a regular pulse. The sample unit has no measurable voltage at the footpedal spst switch, it just shorts to earth when pressed to make a 'beat'.
I'm good with a soldering iron, but with a very basic knowledge - eg can wire up electric guitar pickups with pots and caps etc and check with a meter but thats about it.

Any help or ideas gratefully appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back