Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using a gameboy as a controlling platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymonkey

Hi Guys, i was looking for something in my room the other day and I found my old gameboy. I haven't used the thing in like 2 years and was wondering if anyone knew how and/or if a gameboy could be modifired to controll a small robot or similar.

Thanks.

crazymonkey said:
Hi Guys, i was looking for something in my room the other day and I found my old gameboy. I haven't used the thing in like 2 years and was wondering if anyone knew how and/or if a gameboy could be modifired to controll a small robot or similar.

Thanks.

You would need to make yourself a cartridge to plug into it, this isn't quite as simple as it sounds because the Gameboy performs checks to make sure it's a valid cartridge. However, if you search on the net there's loads of info about programming gameboys.

Gameboy PLC ?

Take a look at this ...
https://www.charmedlabs.com/
Their XPort is a brilliant gizmo, even if you just download freebie games and program the XPort with them :wink:

I have the original XPort on a GBA (only 55 control lines :!: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back