Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

User accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambient

When the site was not working the other day I used google to search for some cached pages. I ran across this site https://www.bugmenot.com/view/www.electro-tech-online.com

Seems like they are providing user names with pw, so I thought I would bring it to your attention. There was also another site with the same name but using .net, and it had the same forum structure. But all the posts were by the same guy lol.

Last edited:
I don't see how they can do that?

Well they did and that is what is important.

i don't see what the big deal is ... shared accounts are nothing new. the board owner has it set so you cannot view uploaded pictures or attachments unless you're a registered user. if you just want to check something out, but not go through the trouble of creating and confirming an account, then a bugmenot account is the way to go.

Hero999 said:
I don't see how they can do that?

Someone just makes an account and posts the password so others can take a peek without registering.

If a site admin wanted to try to stop it, it would be simple to write a script to periodically check that page (and others known to be like it*) and auto-ban any accounts listed there.

Torben

[Edit: Of course, they'd just move the page. If it escalated I'd suspect that the bugmenots would tend to stay one step ahead.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back