Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use the LM567 as a PLL to demodulate FM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricman2K5

Does anyone know how to use the LM567 as a PLL to receive and demodulate an FM signal of say 40khz?

I have the LM565 but it requires -ve voltage so its inconvenient.

Thannks for any help

I wanted that too, but it is impossible. It only compares frequencies. I had to use LM565.

If you don't want to use two power supplies add an offset (half your power supply) to the input signal.

**broken link removed**
The majority of the circuit examples here show how to bias the input for single supply.

Of course it can be used as a demodulator, but only for digital signals. Electricman is talking about FM, not FSK. Am I right?

Lm567 as demodulator

Ive attactched my schematic Im not sure if it can be used or not i couldnt get the LM565 to work for some reason so Im trying the 567 . C\an I use the 567 instead of the 565 here ?????

Attachments

• rxnew8_166.gif
    rxnew8_166.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 2,552
Its 1uF caps are way too high in value and will make it lock only to a 40Hz carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back