Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use of EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

louislu

hello...i need a external storage device to store some data and currently intend to use M24C64 model EEPROM.but i don know to how to implement this device...and how to read and write to it.this EEPROM is used to store time and date for a door system.anyone know where got related info regarding the usage of this EEPROM and sample.need help urgently....thank in advance..

your answer all depends on the micro that you are going to use with it.

in general, your program needs to write to the memory location, keep track of where it has written, and read from the memory.

You will need chip select lines and/or address decoding (e.g. 74ls373)

To stlouisembedded, regarding the data sheet u found is belong to microchip product.the EEPROM i using is product of ST.r they the same?anyway...thanks lot

louislu said:
To stlouisembedded, regarding the data sheet u found is belong to microchip product.the EEPROM i using is product of ST.r they the same?anyway...thanks lot

Yes, EEPROM's are pretty standard, there's no problem changing one make of 24C64 for another.

If you're using a PIC, I have a tutorial about I2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back