Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Usb To Mmc File Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclopez

hi there! i'm a newbie here.
please help me in my project... a microcontroller-based usb to usb or mmc to mmc and vice versa file transfer device.. i need to used PIC microcontroller but after that I don't know what are the materials neeeded inorder to develop that device.. pls help me.. i need to have a prototype after 1 week...
badly need it... tnx for the help! :eek:

i just need a non-working prototype.. like the design and architecture of the project and if possible schematic diagram...:D

I'd start looking at FTDI products which are pretty popular for offloading most of the USB work so that you're mostly dealing with just a serial problem. I would think that they'd be the best place to start your investigation.

One thing that you might not appreciate yet is that "real" USB is a master-slave architecture, so both sides of a connection are not the same. Most microcontroller USB functionality is just for the slave side. You may find yourself looking at USB OTG for implementing the master side.

USB was designed for some amount of simple serial compatability, like with RS-232. I'm unsure if both sides can be peers to just essentially fake a direct RS-232-style serial connection between them. Seems like it might be possible if USB really does provide RS-232 compatability.

As far as MMC-to-MMC, that's kind of a different level of absraction, as you still need a physical way to transfer the data from one interface to another (which could even use USB).

I'd focus on the USB problem/solution if I were you, as that's simpler. However, you'll learn a lot more if you choose the MMC route.

good luck,
-e

?

thanks for the info.. but our project needs to be implemented with MMC...
what if I'm going to use Vinculum for example to interface USB with the PIC and the SDIO Host controller to interface MMC with the PIC?

what you think guys...

The PIC can be wired to an MMC card and USB PICs can be USB slaves, the Vinculum is a USB host and will take most people more than a week to wrap their heads around it. You've only 5 days left...

What are you trying to do, is it a school assignment?

Last edited:
actually, this is a thesis... that 1 week left, we need to decide what are the materials needed to make the device but we don't need to assemble it right away... we just need to know the architecture and the block diagram of the device....

hellow can i join for this topic?
can i ask for a source code for PIC driving the VNC1L or the Vinculum IC? or sample codes using pic to transfer the file thru vinculum and pic micro? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back