Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb to hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

derick007

Hi

I would like to download films from the internet (hopefully hd) and save them to an external wd usb 2 tb hard drive.

I would like to watch these on my hd tv's which do not have any usb ports, via hdmi inputs. I know I can do this through a (laptop) PC, but i was wondering if there was an adaptor/converter to plug my usb hard drive into and my hdmi tv ?

Regards, Derek

Just have a look around for media players - there are many on the market and most will take an external USB hard drive or memory stick.

Not sure on your location but in the UK they start off at around £15

picbits

Thanks for getting back.

I live NI, UK.

Media players ? I assume you mean dvd player or similiar ?

Derek

picbits

Thanks for getting back.

I live NI, UK.

Media players ? I assume you mean dvd player or similiar ?

Derek

No, a media player is a little box that lets you play files off USB and SD cards etc.

I've got a Xenta PDM05H here. which came from Amazon, but probably isn't current any more.

I have come across sumvision box, but feedback comments are not good because the remote control does not work. Any recommendations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back