Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb soundcard with fm transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideonstk

Hello all,

I got to this website because you have alot of threads reguarding fm stereo transmitter (micrometer) project mentioned by audioguru.

I have been planning to build a usb soundcard based on the pcm2906 ti chip, this is a chip that has audio adc/dac and is powered by usb and requiers no external drivers. i am still hunting for schems for it.

And at the same time, i am also planning to build a good fm stereo transmitter.

i thought it might be a nice idea to merge them into one since the voltage for the bh1417f micromitter is similar to the usb one. then just have a switch in my soundcard to direct the audio out either to the rca plugs or to the transmitter.

i just have a few questions:
- has anyone tried to build an bh1714f transmitter without ordering the kit? i think the total component price should be around 10 dollars, and i just saw a belkin product that seems to be useing it for 19US$ so i think the 50$ is a bit overpriced for it.
- does anyone have an alternative schem for the transmitter (aside of the circuit magazine one)? i am also looking for a schem for the pcm2906.

i think thats about all for now, i am glad to find this forum. :D

Thanks, Gideon

Hey thanks Arctic fox,

the ux200 in your second link is similar to what i want to make, though i want to have the option to record into the soundcard aswell (which is part of the pcm2906 options).
Now i am thinking that maybe its better to seperate the two devices so not to cause interference in the recording of the sound which is very important to me.

the rest of the links are very cool aswell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back