Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB -> Serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

holobean

:confused: Lets say during interfacing, im controlling my whole hardware side including a PIC by means of serial port, but my laptop has only USB, if i use the USB-serial converter cable, would it affect anything when im getting the results from the hardware? What about when im writing the coding to read from the serial port, do i write the code like im controlling the serial ports?

Yes you can. That serial port will appear and behave exactly as a normal port, exept there might be a problem if you bit-bang the controll lines (eg if you use it as a primitive paralel port in software.). Normal serial activity is not affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back