Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb serial adapter driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgetwo

Hi
I have two usb to serial (rs232) converter which i hope to use on my laptop.
my problem is that i have no driver for it and i can't identify the product or even the model
I don't know if some one this type of converter. I need your help in finding the driver, I was told that the driver is surpose to come with it but the problem is that the driver was not in the packet.

Attachments

• 22112011003.jpg
    22112011003.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1,107
You don't mention the OS you are using. While Windows XP was so, so OK both Windows Vista and Windows 7 include a pretty good bundle of drivers. Have you connected it to see if the drivers load automatically? Beyond Ian's suggestion you may want to try that.

Ron

I have both xp and 7. None of them is working at present. If i could get the driver for any, i will be happy
Thanks

I have both xp and 7. None of them is working with the converter. If i could get the driver for any, i will be happy
Thanks

@ nickelflippr thanks I am trying go get that driver file. I will give you feedback.

@Ian Rogers the converter was sealed and opening it will make me cut it. If there is no other means, i will have to do that.

Did you look in Device Manager and see if the device shows up there? Often the device name will be listed...

Last edited:
If the op has windows XP or 7 if he would left the thing plugged in and windows has picked it up as device it will keep looking till it finds the driver as long as the
pc is on the net.

If it's not showing up in the Systems device manger as been ask here before the dang thing is not working. Which will never load a driver

if you are using 64bit versions of windows, perhaps the usb to serial converter cant be workable as per some site.

if it is 32 bit, and the usb is USBtype2, it should be possible, mostly they would use Pl2303 or even Vincil from FTDI.
funny that you chose to photograph the clean side of the device compared to where some text is available.
I expect to see the company LOGO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back