Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

I am looking for a small usb programmer , I currently use a dev board from microbyte electronics and it is good but very large not very portable

So i want a small usb programmer and simple dev board to use with pickit2 , target pics 12f675, 16f628,16f676 ,,, would like a kit so i can build it myself would be nice
Have been looking at the blueroom electronics just after some info

Thanks
bernie

Pickit2 is a USB programmer in itself! what more you need? It is small enough that you can carry in shirt pocket.

Maybe i should word it a bit different ,, i would like either a small dev board to use with the pickit 2,, Or another usb programmer and dev board ,, I am thinking maybe a small dev board to use with the pickit would be easier ,, Any ideas

Bernie

there are low pin count adopter boards with microchip.
Junebug , helps in using 18F1320 or with limited facilities, one 16F628A or even 16F88.
for example , see the attached datasheet.
perhaps microchip has also got the pcb artwork and /or sells the assembled pcbs.

Attachments

• Low Pin Count User Guide 51556a.pdf
    452.6 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Thanks
Sarma

I have been lookin at the junebug setup looks good ,, have been ratting through my stuff and i have a 44 pin demo board from microchip must have bought it with the pickit,, maybe i can do something with that

Thanks
Bernie

Yes, it is using 16F887 chip. what all you can do using F887 and 877 even can be done here.
even other s, with limiting the pins to feasible ones, you could test some software once compiled.
minor differences can be manage during actual pcb making for the specific chip

Bill might be having ready kits of junebug, once you order it could fly out of Canada,LoL
. all the best.

Thanks again mr sarma

I have been trying to contact bill from blueroom elec ,, But cannot seem to raise him

Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back