Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB programmer for PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi, i want a USB programmer for PIC microcontrollers (esp 16F series) that works with ICprog. could you give me the circuit?

There is no simple USB anything. The Junebug is about as simple as it gets.

Mike.

like bill said the junebug is as simple and useful as it gets!i too debated a lot about it search pic programmer on this forum and you will know what i am talking about!

The simplest and dirtiest 'USB programmer' for PIC I've made was the 'ol JDM with a cheap USB-serial cable and a mini voltage booster for the 13v for MCLR.

Not exactly 'true' USB as its basically serial, but using USB communication and power. That was before the PICkit2 or junebug came out (2002?). It was also woefully unreliable since the USB-serial bridge hated bit banging data lines. Worked though!

Save yourself some time and buy a PICkit2 copy like the junebug, or those wonderful chinese knock-offs from ebay. It'll probably even b e cheaper than the parts and you won't have to spend days building and debugging the sodding thing.

Blueteeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back