Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Powered speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmdmasud

Hi..
i have this USB powered speaker the circuit of the speaker has 2 amplifier chip one for left speaker and other for right speaker. I threw one of the speaker because of too many long wires e.g 1 for power, 1 for audio in and another wire which connected the other speaker to the circuit and inserted those cheap small USB sound adopter in the encloser and made it one wire portable speaker.

I was wondering can i parallel the output of the 2 amplifier chip and feed it to 1 speaker?

**broken link removed**

20150208_224445.jpg

20150208_221153.jpg

You should NEVER short the output of an audio power amplifier to the output of the other audio power amplifier because they will probably be destroyed due to the differences produced by stereo.
Why connect the outputs together? You will not have more loudness because an audio amplifier has an extremely low output impedance of 0.04 ohms or less so it is a voltage source with an extremely small voltage loss.
If you want to change stereo into mono then you do it at the inputs of the amplifiers, not the outputs. But then you might be shorting together the outputs of the signal source that might destroy them.

You should NEVER short the output of an audio power amplifier to the output of the other audio power amplifier because they will probably be destroyed due to the differences produced by stereo.
Why connect the outputs together? You will not have more loudness because an audio amplifier has an extremely low output impedance of 0.04 ohms or less so it is a voltage source with an extremely small voltage loss.
If you want to change stereo into mono then you do it at the inputs of the amplifiers, not the outputs. But then you might be shorting together the outputs of the signal source that might destroy them.
ok that sounds bad. What is the simplest way of making mix mono? Can i use resistors in L and R channel and make them mono?

Assuming that the signal source comes from opamps, their load should not be less than 10k ohms so use a 10k resistor from the left channel source and another 10k resistor from the right channel source. Connect the other ends of the resistors together so that they make mono to feed the input of one of your amplifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back