Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB PIC programmers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lompa

anyone know of anywere that sells them in the UK, need one as i only have USB ports in my laptop

Thanks for your help

lompa said:
anyone know of anywere that sells them in the UK, need one as i only have USB ports in my laptop

Mikroelektronika makes them:
**broken link removed**

and the distributor for UK is

**broken link removed**

Hi,
If your interested in making your own kit of the usb programmer check out www.dontronics.com or kitsrus.com as they both sell usb pic programmers

cheers Bryan1 :D

I'm using a Warp13 usb pic programmer from NewFoundElectronic and it's a very good programmer, full compatible with PicStart Plus programmer (MPLab IDE think it's a PicStart Plus). This programmer a very great.

**broken link removed**

bluex_scf said:
I'm using a Warp13 usb pic programmer from NewFoundElectronic and it's a very good programmer, full compatible with PicStart Plus programmer (MPLab IDE think it's a PicStart Plus). This programmer a very great.

It's always been a very highly rated programmer, but rather expensive.

However, recent reports seem to indicate that it's no longer available, and all support has finished :cry:

hi there..

a really really basic (idiotic to some probably) question :oops:

if i get the usb programmer from Quasar.. does it work with like mplab? does that make any sense?

have no idea about all these now.. am trying to learn! :D

thanks..

jfunkie said:
hi there..

a really really basic (idiotic to some probably) question :oops:

if i get the usb programmer from Quasar.. does it work with like mplab? does that make any sense?

have no idea about all these now.. am trying to learn! :D

thanks..

No it won't work. There are only a few third party programmer that works directly from MPLAB. WARP-13 is one of them.

But I don't think it makes much of a difference even if the programmer doesn't work with MPLAB. Write your code in MAPLAB, compile it & get the hex file and program it into you PIC using programmer's software. It doesn't take much time.

hmmm.. thanks for the REALLY quick reply..

so.. if i program using mplab i can still use the quarsar programmer? how so? i'm intending on using the mplab C18 compiler...

thanks!

You use MPLab to compile your code. It spits out a .HEX file. Once you have that, you're done with MPLab at the moment. Minimize it, and then run the software that came with your hardware programmer. Load the HEX file into it, and then tell it to send it to the PIC programmer. All done. If you want to edit the program afterward, minimize the programmer and go back to MPLab and go for it.

bluex_scf said:

**broken link removed**

??? There is no Warp13 "USB" programmer that I know of. It's an RS232.

I have a Warp13 but just dropped the cash to get a PICStart Plus because Newfound seemed to be basically out of business and I couldn't get any support for the new chips.

I just checked their site! They came out with new software? They're not dead?? OK, now I'm just plain pissed! I just threw out $200+ for a PSP for no reason?? Their website said they were no longer providing tech support or answering questions, I emailed their "software bugs only" email, the only contact they gave, and heard nothing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back