Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Isolator

Status
Not open for further replies.

felis

Hello,

This is an article about my last project, full/low speed USB isolator circuit based on Analog Devices' ADuM4160. The isolator works quite nicely galvanicaly separating PC-based USB instruments from their PCs, as well as cutting ground loops, which cause hum in USB audio devices. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Circuits@Home USB Isolator.

/felis

Looks like a really good idea. The common ground always made me very leery of USB based scopes, etc. Never seen a chip with "monolithic air core transformers" either.

Last edited:
The initial purpose of the isolator was just that - to disconnect my USB based Bitscope 310 from PC when probing high voltage. It turned out that PC was also a source of significant noise, so now I run the scope with USB isolated all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back