Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Hub Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhub

Hi,
I am using an USB Hub in my PCB design. The Hub requires 3.3V & 1.2V power supplies, a reset & a 24MHz clock. I have given powers & reset to the IC. I am using an external crystal as the Hub has an internal crystal driver circuit. The powers & reset are proper but I am not getting the clock. Is the clock expected now or any other configurations needs to be done? The IC also has a PLLFILT (Phase Locked Loop filter capacitor) pin where an output voltage of 1.8V will come if the internal PLL circuit is configured. I am not getting this output also. Waiting for any kind of help...

With Regards,
Madhusoodana Bairy

I am not getting the clock
Does the crystal require additional capacitors? Have you checked the datasheet for the IC?

Are you building this on breadboard or a proper PCB ? If its on breadboard they often have quite a high capacitance so worth looking at that as well.

Are you building this on breadboard or a proper PCB ? If its on breadboard they often have quite a high capacitance so worth looking at that as well.

On a PCB, I have tried by mounting 33pF (greater than previous 18pF) as well. But did not get the clock...

Do you have a PPL regulater filter cap hooked up?
Do you have a 1meg load across the XTAL leads?
Are you supplying power to all the VDD leads?

So after you pull the reset high, the 1.8V regulator does not turn on?
I think you should check your soldering for cold joints or shorts. What current does the IC draw from the 3.3V and 1.2V rails?

So after you pull the reset high, the 1.8V regulator does not turn on?
I think you should check your soldering for cold joints or shorts. What current does the IC draw from the 3.3V and 1.2V rails?

Yes, the internal 1.8V regulator is not turning on.
The IC draws such a less current of around 220mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back