Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Flash Detection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimper129

I have a Sony Microvault 1 GB USB flash drive. Since yesterday, it is not being detected at all. I tried it on several computers but had the same result.

Since the data that I have on the drive is of paramount importance, I opened up the drive and the memory chip in this drive is Samsung K9F4G08U0M.

I wanted to know if putting the same memory chip in any other USB flash drive (of any other brand) will work so that I can retrieve my data. The most commonly available flash drives here are from Kingston.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Had something like that happen on a flash drive and a W98 computer. That OS doesn't allow you to close comms to the drive, and it stopped working after awhile. With XP at least, you can click the toolbar to open a dialog box that allows you to stop using the flash drive. As long as you do that, it should last.

That said, devices usually fail at power on or off. Just might be one of those things. I just got 3 1 gig drives for $8.00 from New Egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back