Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Controller: HELP/IDEAS NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwollner

I want to construct a circut with which I can control multiple channels (maybe over relais) over the usb port. I know of something alike over the lpt port, yet it is limited to 8 channels and I know of another circut which works over the serial port, which i built, yet does not work for me.

Id appreciate any ideas on how to do this project.... (and also on how to program software for it)

thanx :)

pwollner

pwollner said:
I want to construct a circut with which I can control multiple channels (maybe over relais) over the usb port. I know of something alike over the lpt port, yet it is limited to 8 channels and I know of another circut which works over the serial port, which i built, yet does not work for me.

The serial port is by far the easiest way, most USB solutions just use a USB/serial converter. If you've already built a serial version, try and find why it doesn't work.

The serial version does work!

I just need to find a way how to use the USB port for the same thing.

pwollner said:
The serial version does work!

I just need to find a way how to use the USB port for the same thing.

Simply use a USB/Serial converter, to provide a serial port via USB.

If you want to look into doing USB directly, MicroChip have details for their 16C745, and also for the PicKit1 FLASH programmer. But be warned, it's a GREAT! deal more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back