Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

i got a ac - usb charger with my phone(5v 550ma).... i want to use it to charge a bank of 6 AA-energiser NiCd(i think!) batteries, arranged in a 4.5v series parrallel config....

can i connect the two directly? what would i need between? could i add my cell phone to the mix?

Hi there doggy,

It might work if you time it so that the cells dont overcharge. Dont think i would add my cell phone although it might work.

I like your sig line, "In Theory I Know", that's neat. That says a lot about theory that is not applied correctly in a keen way. Some people choose to ignore theory altogether, claiming, "theory doesnt work in practice", while others use theory without considering if it applies exactly or what nuances need to be taken into consideration also to extend that theory.

Last edited:
lol, it just means i'v read a quite a bit, mostly sped red thou,,,, and ever since I got my ET cert i feel like i dont know enough to call my self an electronics technician, soo I don't know how much I actually know, that signature is my way of saying my advice doesn't come with a warranty!!

You are right though, i don't know how many chips iv wired exactly to the data sheet, with all the little resistors and caps..... after hours of tinkering trying to get it going, I RIP out 90% of the guts, and bing thing flies like a kite!

......and really what does science know anyway, more than anyone else ever has, but that may be a low bar

but bak to my usb! how would i do that, would a simple 3resistor voltage divider do it?
also are there any rules to NiCd charging, is there a max/min current to charge,
what about the phone, its a Li ion 3.7v, does it have max/min current?
chargers always use DC current right?

l
You are right though, i don't know how many chips iv wired exactly to the data sheet, with all the little resistors and caps..... after hours of tinkering trying to get it going, I RIP out 90% of the guts, and bing thing flies like a kite!

Bing, things might fly as a rocket if you don't limit charge!

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back