Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB based IR Reciever Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo92

Now I made a USB based IR reciever for PC...
its How-to: USB remote control receiver - Hack a Day (How-to: USB remote control receiver - Hack a Day)
Look out!!!the circyuit is easy......though the hex file is named 18F2455.hex....indicates that the hex file is for 18F2455 though i burned ir directly to 2550.....it works...the computer detects it as a 'CDC emulation device which was a microchip's application note' it adds another COM port to the PC......

But the problem here WINLIRC can't detect the device and not even responding........any other software ie uICE, Girder isnt working either..........
I'm using TSOP1356 in place of TSOP1738............I think they both're same....they both pull the output to ground in presence of IR.............
So anybody??can anybody tell me the root of the problem>>>>

ohhhh!!i forget to tell they used two 0.1uF caps in parrael to the VUSB pin.........but i'm using a 0.47 uF...will it cause some problem??

I'm using TSOP1356 in place of TSOP1738............I think they both're same....they both pull the output to ground in presence of IR.............
So anybody??can anybody tell me the root of the problem

They look the same and have the same pinout. But...

Attachments

• WrongIR.gif
    WrongIR.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 2,493
Last edited:
but one thing....I noticed...may be other members too that a TSOP or any modulated IR sensor with detection frequency of 56KHz can detect IR signal of >38KHz>..............when I used the same TSOP1356 in other circuit with 38KHz IR remote ie my tv remote/Canon DV camera remote it just works good...

so where's the problem??

First it is a good idea to check the IR modules if they work by putting a LED on its output and see if it blinks with the remote shined in to it.

Then its also good to check if the PIC your using has identical property's of the I/O pin that the IR module is connected to. And also try to talk to your PIC trough a com port terminal and see if anything comes out

huh :):):):D:D:D:p:p:p:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

see it:

Attachments

• DSCN7350.gif
    DSCN7350.gif
    239.5 KB · Views: 371
  • her.gif
    her.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 418
hi
im assembly the same circuit but not work for me
i get a reply for my pic IR OK but the signal for ir remote not works
any ideas

pic 18f2550 tsop1138

tnx

hi my circuit works im using a philips tv remote (rc5 i think)
is sending messages in virtual com okey
for use any remote control is needed to remove the manchester decoding
in the souce code maybe you can

yes!!!really i wanted to see the limitation that this thing doesn't work except RC5......if we substract the manchester decoding this should work with any IR remote................i gonna buy a philips rmote to see......good job norman

Last edited:
hey you can use a universal remote control and put the code for philips tv.
i read in the post is working in this way!

hey you can use a universal remote control and put the code for philips tv.

can you please xplain a bit...

universal remote means?
how to put the philips code inside it?
are they programmable?

I have assembled a Universal remote tester adapting from PIC Basic projects in the project section

The designer suggests using TSOP1736, but i had used 1738 as I readily had it
It is working and showing all codes of RC5 of Philips, but the section RC6 is not showing when I test it with (Satellite Sky TV) remote. Ofcourse it works on RC6A code. It shows some codes and many repetitions as seen by RC6 program.

Should it mean that we definitely need TSOP1736 sensor?

Last edited:
Yes they are programmable
sony rca and others has a universal remote controls!
in the manual of your new remote has the codes for many tv vcr dvd etc
search a code for a philips tv (maybe do you need to try many codes)
an test in your circuit!!!!!

let me know if works or not for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back