Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 8051, PIC programer

Should i get it?

• Yes, why not give it a go?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO! RUN LIKE HELL!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdot

I am in the market to buy an 8051 programmer. I found this “multi USB programme” on ebay really cheap. I contacted the seller and there will be a few that are going to be sold as a promo really cheap. 20 bucks canadain.

Thing is, from my research this is the only one I’ve found thus far that is REALLLy cheap, and is based around a bread board… what do you guys think of this programmer? Any ideas? The whole bread board concept?

Ebay like is **broken link removed**
The direct web page is www.hi-tronic.ca

I’m starting to think maybe I’ll just pick it, but some feedback would also be nice. – Help.

Ohh yeah, thnx in advance.

~TDot.
:?:

well the first thing is that it doesnt program the 12 and 18 series of PICs. and it only programs two 8051 derivatives. its like one of those all-in-one tools you find at hardware stores. they say it does everything but actually it is just a waste of money.

have a look at the following links

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Make your own it is quite easy, I could even recomend you a website on a DIY programmer for the 8051.

If you want to build it, post a yes and I will give you the link.

Not a bad idea i say.

Well, I just thought I weigh in here. It does not look like a bad product. I really like the bread board design, it's the only type like that i've seen yet. I REALLY hate taking my IC in and out of a zip socket and putting into my breadboard every time I make 1 or 2 little changes to my program it's seriously a big waste of time. This things got this run target thing, so after you program the chip you click run target and you don’t have to even touch the chip or the wiring. That is neat.

Also, they say they are working on more devices, it looks to be a fairly new product.

My 2 cents & G’nite

K.B

You must be really lazy if you can't open and close a zip socket and how often do you have to change the code.

Also you can't even program if your that lazy since you actually have to write code.

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back