Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usart stop and start bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwist

In the data sheet, the start and stop bits are 0 and 1 respectively. Is it possible to switch them? Odd question I know but I was just curious if this is possible.

Not really, as it's set in the hardware - by NOT using a MAX232 (or similar) every bit is reversed, is that what you want?. But you can't change just the start and stop bits, not when using the hardware USART.

as Nigel said, you can't.. but i am very curious though.. why do want to invert start and stop bits?

Did I see a "polarity" bit in an EUSART SFR for some PIC some time ago? If so, does anyone know what that does?

Mike

Mike said:
Did I see a "polarity" bit in an EUSART SFR for some PIC some time ago? If so, does anyone know what that does?

Mike

I am not a PIC programmer, but i know that usually 'polarity' just inverts the clock signal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back