Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

URGENT REPLACEMENT for SL100 to this CIRCUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

killer

please help me i need to replace SL100 for it is no longer available it here in the philippines

Attachments

• Doc3.doc
    240.5 KB · Views: 294
That transistor is being used in a generic low frequency switching application so any general-purpose NPN small-signal transistor should work such as the 2N2222(A) or PN2222(A).

That transistor is being used in a generic low frequency switching application so any general-purpose NPN small-signal transistor should work such as the 2N2222(A) or PN2222(A).

is 2n2222 will work on that circuit sir as SL100 do

for both of those circuit sir will it be??? i will check the datasheet of 2n222 . ohh by the way wat should be the characteristic that will barely replace the sl100, i mean what spec's should a replacement must the same?

The main transistor specs to be concerned about for this application are the Vce maximum voltage rating and the Ic maximum current rating. The Hfe (Beta) current gain can also be of concern but that typically doesn't vary a lot between various small signal transistors. The power rating is normally not a large consideration for a switching application, but it's largely determined by the case type and size.

Edit: The 2N2222 should work for both places in the circuit.

Last edited:
how about 2n1711??? Vce max is 50v and Hfe is 100 min against to vce max of 50v and hFE max of 300 of sl100

Last edited:
thanks men i better go tom to store and buy that stuff and try if my thing will give me a good output or else i will fail to passed my thesis T.T

What is the main differece between BC547 and SL100 transistor...............plz any body can help me?

I would really like to help you 066bex408

But you really not do have a clue.....do you for example understand how a Transistor even works :confused:
School project maybe?

What bothers me is too many youngsters post here for help...the easy way. And then Members here get involved and waste time helping useless kids...

Lazy kids. That do not study. Just want answers. There are many Forums out there on the WWW that have zero tolerance with regards to this. ETO has lots of patience. Problem is knowledgeable and kind members get locked into helping the lazy people/kids. And waste their precious time with trying to teach those that never wanted to learn anyway.....just wanted answers.....

This post is not aimed at Hobbyists....or older people slowly learning....aimed at Kids expecting everything on a Plate. No go.

You one 066bex408 ?

If not, I apologize.
tvtech

Last edited:
The SL100 is a very old transistor from India. Datasheets are hard to find.
The BC547 was made by many semiconductor manufacturers in The West and many detailed datasheets are available.
Both can drive the relay coil in that circuit.

The circuit shows a 6V supply and a 100 ohm relay coil. Ohm's Law calculates the transistor current at 6V/100 ohms= only 60mA.
ANY little transistor can drive the relay coil in that circuit.

A 2N1711 is very, very old but is still available in The West. It has an old fashioned metal case.

Why is your thesis using a very old circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back