Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

URGENT: Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfsk

Hi. Im doing a project on 3D tracking. Im using Analog Devices accelerometers to obtain the position. Unfortunately we have only one evaluation board. I require a total of 4 evaluation boards(including this one). Can someone please tell me where I can obtain sample evaluation boards. I don't think I can purchase them because the company for which Im doing the project is not willing to release grants.

Thank You
Ashwin.

The nature of samples or evaluation boards is that they potentially lead to sales of a greater magnitude than the value of the sample. If your company is unwilling to fund the research, it is a pretty good bet they won't be spending money to produce any products.

Sir, Im sorry I need to clarify somethings. First of all the company is not able to release grants immediately. It will however be interested in further enhancement of our project in the near future. I appeal to everyone to help me in obtain samples of the evaluation boards for ADXL203 and ADXL103.

ashfsk said:
Sir, Im sorry I need to clarify somethings. First of all the company is not able to release grants immediately. It will however be interested in further enhancement of our project in the near future. I appeal to everyone to help me in obtain samples of the evaluation boards for ADXL203 and ADXL103.

Why not buy them yourself then?

I need only 3 evaluation boards but most of the companies require you to purchase 10 or above. This increases the cost dramitically. Moreover Im from India and I would have to consider the shipping charges and sales tax. Hence Im not in a position to purchase them.

I guess there are some disadvantages to doing business on the sub continent. Things are pretty tough in South East Michigan as well.

Good News

I need only 3 evaluation boards but most of the companies require you to purchase 10 or above. This increases the cost dramitically. Moreover Im from India and I would have to consider the shipping charges and sales tax. Hence Im not in a position to purchase them.

No problem Analog Devices sells them in single quantities at USD $29.95 each.
The part number is ADXL203EB.
Happy Designing!

So how did you get the one you have now? Maybe do that 3 more times, or show 3 people how to do it..

Or pop for the $90 and shipping.

Hello. First of all thanx for all ypur valuable suggestions.

Finally I guess I figured what to do. I got one ADXL203 with evaluation board. I went thru a webpage where hes mentioned how to solder a ADXL103 as it does not have an evaluation board. Rather than two ADXL203's and two ADXL103's I can go for one ADXL203 and four ADXL103's. Well I need 5v for each of these sensors. Can someone plz suggest how I go about powering the sensors?? I cannot use an adaptor because these sensors are to be mounted on an object that is free to move. I need to go for batteries. My idea is to go for a 9V battery and use a voltage reg. to step it down to 5V. Can we drive multiple( say 3) sensors using a single 9V battery???

Please suggest any ideas to help me go ahead with this project.

How much current do they draw? What is the lowest voltage they can run on?

If they will run on 4.5V, use 3 AA or D batteries. This will add weight to your project and provide a good amount of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back