Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent....need help understanding these circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

preeste

hi there guys...i really need some help desperately!!! I am going to attach a document on this message. Please take a look at it especially at the circuits included in the appendix especially circuits 5 0f 5 and 3 of 5.

Can someone please explain thses circuits in detail to me, how they work, how to design circuits like this from scratch ie. what to look for, what formulaes to use and finally how you would determine the value of the components used. I especially need help understanding circuit 5 0f 5. Would someone be able to simulate it and explain to me what the waveforms at the different points in this circuit look like and why? What is the purpose for the 5 inverters that are used in this diagram?

Help please.....its really really urgent.........appreciate all the help i can get.

Here is the attachment: View attachment 00236a[1].pdf

What exactly don't you understand. Circuit 5 is clearly explained in the technote immediately above the circuit.

hi there guys...i really need some help desperately!!! I am going to attach a document on this message. Please take a look at it especially at the circuits included in the appendix especially circuits 5 0f 5 and 3 of 5.
Help please.....its really really urgent.........appreciate all the help i can get.

Here is the attachment: View attachment 33363

This is your 5th thread on the same subject... ALL really urgent.

and now you have 2 current threads on the same subject.

Didnt the previous replies cover the problem.?

Last edited:
Hey there....I have put up this post before but never got any replies that were relevant and it was and still is important hence urgent:)

The diagram i am refering is not figure 5 on page 5 but rather to schematic 5 in appendix C of the document. The thing is i dont have a background in electronics so the explanations in the document are too brief for me.

Refering to schematic 5 in appendix C, i have the following questions?

1. How does one go about designing this circuit ie what are the formulaes that are used, how do you know where to place each component, how do you determine the values of the various components.

2. I know what the basic purpose of the amplifiers are for but how do they actually function?

3. what does the envelope detector do?

4. What is the purpose of the 5 not gates in this circuit?

5. What are the functions of the following components: C19,R21,C27,D9?

6. what would the signal waves look at at these various points of this circuit: at the input or carrierdata, after the high pass filter, after the tuned amp, after C27, after the untuned amp, after D9, after the envelope detector but before U2:E and after U2:E

The following are my questions regarding this circuit. Please help.

Hey...look i am working on implementing this protocol on the PIC. But before doing that i would like to have a much better understanding of the circuitry itself...its urgent simply because of a time factor.

What time factor? Have you built the circuit, did you order the parts?

You could try the free trial version of electronic workbench and try to simulate the filters.

Look i dont have to build the circuit only do the programming but i want to understand the circuitry behind it. Look i tried to simulate the circuits but whats the point when the output makes no sense?

I am confused now. Too many different threads on the same subject. I probably have answered most of the questions in some of the other threads.

Good Bye.

preeste,

"Can someone please explain thses circuits in detail to me, how they work, how to design circuits like this from scratch"

We are sorry but it is not that simple if you have no electronics experience.

You are a programmer right?

How about this?

Could YOU please explain to me how I can write (from scratch) a C program that is a TCP/IP client with a GUI front-end?

Oh and I need it tonight! Oh! and I have no programming experience.

See how that works?

You need to ask very specific questions so we can understand how much YOU understand.
Sometimes just trying to understand what questions to ask helps you to understand the thing that is confusing you.

Electronics are hard and take years to understand even the basics.
We cant make you understand overnight.

Stu

preeste,

"Can someone please explain thses circuits in detail to me, how they work, how to design circuits like this from scratch"

We are sorry but it is not that simple if you have no electronics experience.

You are a programmer right?

How about this?

Could YOU please explain to me how I can write (from scratch) a C program that is a TCP/IP client with a GUI front-end?

Oh and I need it tonight! Oh! and I have no programming experience.

See how that works?

You need to ask very specific questions so we can understand how much YOU understand.
Sometimes just trying to understand what questions to ask helps you to understand the thing that is confusing you.

Electronics are hard and take years to understand even the basics.
We cant make you understand overnight.

Stu

You're right! ;)

Did you know that we both live in the exact same city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back