Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

**Urgent** Latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesy

Hello All,

I'm looking for a circuit that latches it's output at logic '1' when a negative going pulse is inputted.

This circuit will be used to stop a counter when an object exits a optical sensor.

It should hold it's output high state until a reset button is pressed. (regardless of any further objects that enter/exit the sensor)

Can I use a flip flop for this?

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Reesy

is this logic 1 a TTL compatible circuit..if so you could use a 74LS73 Flip flop yes..
the LS 73 will work correctly with a negetive going pulse on its clock input.. and a low pulsed to the clr input will reset it..just tie J input high ,and k input low..

how about 74LS00? you can add pull up resistors to both inputs
if you experience noise problems (2x 1k will do).

Attachments

• rs.jpg
    rs.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 708
panic mode said:
how about 74LS00? you can add pull up resistors to both inputs
if you experience noise problems (2x 1k will do).
Yeah, I was going to suggest that too. The only caveat is that the trigger input needs to be high when reset is applied. If the trigger is a level instead of a pulse, a differentiator would be needed on the trigger input. This is not necessary with the 74LS73.

How about this Circuit?
Input can be from 5v to 9v and the output is reverse of the input.
Add that to an SCR circuit and you have it.

Attachments

• inverter_115.gif
    inverter_115.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 657
  • scr_latch_circuit_876.gif
    scr_latch_circuit_876.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 676
  • combined_circuit.gif
    combined_circuit.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 654
Status
Not open for further replies.