Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent help plz regarding 7 segement Display!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs200939

hi.I have made a fibonacci series generator.now theres a last problem i am stuck at i.e ive used two 4 bit adders to add the two 8 bit numbers.i mean one adder adds the first 4 bits and the other adds the next for bits with carry coming in from the first adder.now the problem is that i want to display this on 7 segment displays.so far ive worked with only one 7 segmet display to display numbers between 0 to 9.ive never used two segments to display 0 to 99 nos but i want to display the series till 99 so how can i connect two 7 segement displays to make this happen?e.g if i add 00000001(1) to 01000000(64), the answer is 01000001 which is 65.. now how can i display 65 on two 7 segment displays?6 on one display and 5 on other display and consequently all numbers between 0 and 99

It is easy to count from 0-99 and display that. Taking 8 bits and displaying them using 4 bit decoders is rather hard! Unless you can find a chip that takes 8 bits as input, you are entering the digital domain :S which is not what you want from what I read.

Attachments

• 8 bit to BCD.jpg
    8 bit to BCD.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 155
plz that'l highly appreciated...this is the last glitch in my project..everything is done except for this..my project wont be accepted until i display that 8 bit series on 7 segment displays!:(

i dont exactly remember this but my teacher told me that there are some ICs which break an 8 bit number into groups of 4 and decode them separtely like eg the first ic decodes the tenths place and the second decodes the units place and hence you can display them separately and something like that..hes out of town so thats another "thats so wrong" thing for me:(

ok i ve contacted some retailers and they have told me that they can get them after a week...so plz tell me now how should i make this 8 bit to 7 segment decoder?

ive limited expierence with displaying any stuff on any kind of displays.this is my first major purely hardware implementation of what ive been learning in books so far.its my first semester in Digital logic and design and i am just half way through it.so my questions are indeed newbie but thanks for all your time and help:)..ill come back if i have more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back