Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent help needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisdoda

please guys, i need to make a PIR alarm using PIC18f452 micro controller.
the problem is im very new to electronics and i havent used pic so far. and i dont know how to program it either. if any of you guys would help me with some schematics and hex file to program it i would be very grateful.

thanks in advance
DENIS.

Do your own school work.

Sceadwian said:
Do your own school work.

Sceadwian:
I would not be so quick to judge. Perhaps the true work is learning how to have others do it for you, Third Party Resource Managment. Thats a good skillset if you plan an pursuing upper management. What "IT" is and "HOW" its done is irrelevant.

I struggle daily trying to resist the urge to choke the living $#!+ out of people like that. I'd rather go back to rubbing sticks together to create fire than admit such persons actually benefit society =)

nobody asked your intellectual & ironical comments. if you want to help, you help, if not just shut up. do you think you are my consciousness or what.
just for the record. i am not an electronic engineer student. i only wanted to know if anyone had this kind of project. or at least give me any tip for that im a beginner in electronics.

Well ignoring any attacks, warranted or otherwise, there are a number of problems with your request.

1) You don't give anywhere near enough details of what you want, it's vague beyond belief!.

2) You're not asking for help, you're asking for someone to design and program a complete project for you, not only the complete circuit diagram, not only the complete source code - but you even want the source code ready assembling to a HEX so you don't have to bother!.

People here will generally offer help and advice, but not custom design of poorly (actually not at all!) explained projects for free!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Well ignoring any attacks, warranted or otherwise, there are a number of problems with your request.

1) You don't give anywhere near enough details of what you want, it's vague beyond belief!.

2) You're not asking for help, you're asking for someone to design and program a complete project for you, not only the complete circuit diagram, not only the complete source code - but you even want the source code ready assembling to a HEX so you don't have to bother!.

People here will generally offer help and advice, but not custom design of poorly (actually not at all!) explained projects for free!.

Yes what you say is partially true. I don't want people to make the project just for me. i only asked if anybody has got this project and wants to share. i would have shared if anyone wanted. and because i am not familiar with pic at all i asked for it. plus i didnt like the comments other people did. if you had talked the same way from the starting of the thread i wouldnt have responded that way.
thanks for helping anyways. best regards.

since you're not a student, why don't you just buy a pre-fab PIR ... they are readily available in almost any market, and if you don't need the latest bells and whistles, you can get a surplus one dirt cheap.

trying to buy the thermal sensor chip found in most PIR modules will cost you more than buying a complete alarm.

justDIY said:
since you're not a student, why don't you just buy a pre-fab PIR ... they are readily available in almost any market, and if you don't need the latest bells and whistles, you can get a surplus one dirt cheap.

trying to buy the thermal sensor chip found in most PIR modules will cost you more than buying a complete alarm.
My thoughts exactly, for someone dabbling in microcontrollers it odd that they have the PIC to use chosen. Why not a 12 series or 16 series PIC, why an PIC18f452 in particular?
And if it's so urgent then buying one makes more sense.

Last edited:
denisdoda said:
i only asked if anybody has got this project and wants to share.
Funny, that's not really the impression that I got from the title "URGENT HELP NEEDED!!"

There's nothing wrong with asking for help but using the word URGENT, especially in the subject line, is just about guaranteed to be met with sarcasm and yield little help, because it gives the impression that you feel we should be more inclined to help you because you're in more of a rush (read: more irresponsible and unprepared) than other people.

As the saying goes:
"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

Telling people to shut up in your second post is also not a good way to get help. We don't work for you, you don't pay us, so you really shouldn't expect people to help you when you're being impatient and rude. People here are here in their spare time, helping out people who they think deserve it. I expect that many people would agree that you don't, after your behavior.

People here are here in their spare time
Fortunately, i have a lot of that. Isn't that ironical? :p ok... i am done... :D

justDIY said:

I agree, you could still connect it to a microcontroller, tweak and modify it to your heart's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back