Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent Help Needed... MIMO PC based data acquisition system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyriang

Current i doing this project, by creating my own GUI ( by using VB6) and also need to create my own data acquisition hardware for my project. This is briefly explain of my project: I create a GUI by using visual basic 6 which contain graph display and value display for the recieved data. I also need to store the information (income signal) to a database. As i mention above, it is a MIMO, i let the user to select a particular channel from the GUI that i created and then the hardware system will return the signal for that particular channel that been selected by the user to PC.
The requirement of my project;
1. using visual basic create GUI
2. able to store input signal
3. able to display the graphical of the input signal (line graph)
4. create my own data acquisition module (i know market have a lot of DAQ card but i can't use them)
5. allow minimum 4 analog/digital input channel to connect with my system

I know the have different way which is send all the signal from all the channel to PC then let PC the select the wanted channel signal... but i think by the first method should be more easy right? Also i will not need to face the delay problem if all the input signal sended to my PC.

Now, i have make i assumption that all the input signal is analog and no have noise and the range of signal is 0 to +5V. That make me no need to concentrate on the signal conditioning circuit.

Here is some ideal about hardware circuit that i found out during last few month...

RS232 Port <===> MAX232 <===> CDP6402 <===> ADC0808 (for input) + DAC (for output)

i also got another option to choose PIC, then the circuit will be like this:

RS232 Port <===> PIC16C774 <===> input connector (directly connect to pic without any addition component)

The circuitry like above is that possible to be working? Those two different circuit which one is more suitable to be use? but i have no ideal how to connection each component to other... or there have better pic chip than PIC16C774 ( i choose this chip become it have 9 analog input & 4 digital output). Please advise about the circuit and also the circuit connection between those device...
Or you have better ideal for the project please let me know...

But i not familiar with the pic and also it also will overkill the pic that i choose so i prefer to choose the first one.... but i haven have the circuit schematic. so if you have please show to me .... thank.

anyway, about my visual basic i also face few question:

1. i able to create a database by using microsoft access but i unable to let the user to changing the database file name. Currently i using SQL to link to my database...

2. i have convert the program i have been done to exe file, but when i copy it to other computer it is unable to run i not know why. What is want to say is why i unable to pass my GUI.exe to other PC and allow other user to use it?

3. i try to use CWGraph (from Measurement Studio) but i unable to put my data or value to it... why ? how?

I not an expert in visual basic so please lend me a helping hand please....

I still have about 6 week to complete this project... My due data is of the mid of 7 week.....
so i REALLY need help now.... please..

lastly, Thank for your kindly help...

From sincerely
bennyriang :(
( 6 week to go...)

A PIC is probably your best option, but not an antique OTP one like you suggested, I would suggest something like the 16F876 which is EEPROM/FLASH and re-programmable - that's a 28 pin skinny-DIP package, or you could use the 16F88 or 16F819, which are only 18 pin. Pretty well everything you need is in my tutorials.

thank for the information

i will try to go through the tutorial, thank

Yesterday i spend some time for reading at this forum i found a related link..

http://www.geocities.com/hagtronics/pic_das/index.html

it have the pic source code with it, but when i compile it, it appear to have error... "Too many nested includes" how to solve this?

and for the circuit can i replace the pic with other pic? Is that the same source code still can be use for different ic?

anyone the use measurement studio before? can give so hint here please... i unable to insert data which is to be display on the cwgraph... thank (i using visual basic 6.0)

URGENT ! Help Needed...

From sincerely
bennyriang :(
( 6 week to go...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back