Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent.....digital clock....help pls!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frances

i'm newbie here... hope all u guys can help me.....we were ask to build/design a digital clock that can be interchange from a normal 12hour clock to military time clock.... what will we do first? we were advice to use 7490 and 7492 ICs.... we have no idea to construct the diagram....... how will we start it......

pls help me!!!! thank you in advance!!!

godspeed everyone!!!!

Millitary time is 24 hour time. Midnight to 12 PM is the same. 1 PM normal time becomes 1300 hours, 2PM become 1400 hours and so forth.
Minutes and Seconds remain the same.
I am not aware of any current clock chips availible to make it easier to design a build a clock. You can start off with a time base of 1 pps, divide by 60 for seconds, divide by 60 for minutes, and then divide by 24 for hours.

Also they are normally referenced against "Zulu" hour or GMT

help plzzzzz.......its urgent!!!!!!!

hiii
my 555 is not giving me output pulses(astable)......I have connected properly.....but osciloscope is not showing pulses........nothing is wrong in connections.......I have checked everything........what should I do...........plz help.........very urgent.........already waste so many days on this.............. :oops:

Re: help plzzzzz.......its urgent!!!!!!!

gauri_22480 said:
hiii
my 555 is not giving me output pulses(astable)......I have connected properly.....but osciloscope is not showing pulses........nothing is wrong in connections.......I have checked everything........what should I do...........plz help.........very urgent.........already waste so many days on this.............. :oops:

A 555 is a very simple and reliable circuit. If it doesn't work you've either got it wired wrong or you have a faulty component - assuming you're using this as a clock generator it's not going to be a very accurate clock though!.

Re: help plzzzzz.......its urgent!!!!!!!

gauri_22480 said:
hiii

check your circuit... don't assume anything. 99.9% chance it is wired wrong(loose connection etc..), If it is designed properly to begin with. :roll:

Can you post what you've wired?

hiii

check the connections again with polaritis of the capacitors,ic 555 never fails with other problems unles circuit failure.

check the connections again with polaritis of the capacitors,ic 555 never fails with other problems unles circuit failure.

This thread is over four years old, the question you have just answered was asked by a"one post wonder" who has not been here for over four years.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back