Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

URG: need help for my major project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dug

hi... my major project doesnt work..
its a gear change indicator
i followed the silicon chip magazine...
i checked the output of the REG which is onli .7V and i checked the input its about 3.9V.. i checked wif the magazine it said it should have a out put of 4.8V, what went wrong?.. well b4 the REG theres a 100ohms resistor which splits the 12V input, one to the the REG and the other that doesnt go through the resistor. i tested the voltage level b4 the resistor which was 12.1 and the voltage after the resistor which is 3.9V so i assumed the current went the otha way.
the other way leads to a 12V light bulb.. which i change it to a super bright LED and i placed a 400 ohms resistor before the negative leg is that right? or can i do that??

another fing is there a difference between non polarised electrolytic capacitor and bi-polar electrolytic capacitor??

any help much appreciated!
dug

If you could post a schematic of your circuit, that would be extremely helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back