Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

upgrading to USB programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmdmasud

HI i finally decided to make a USB programme AVR USBasp and leave my serial programme behind. i am following this https://rabiuls.wordpress.com/2011/08/06/atmel-avr-programmer-usbasp-modifiedsimplified-pcb/ and made the pcb, drilled it and soldered all the parts except the usb, for USB i am using a old camera USB cable. Now i am a bit confused, in the pcb there are four holes for USB connection, out of the four which 2 are 5v+- and data +- . My cable red and black is power and green white is data.
20131103_202417.jpg

hi,
The RED is +5V , BLACK is 0V

GREEN is +D and WHITE is -D

Is this what you are asking.?
E

Last edited:
hi,
Look at this marked up image.

NOTE: the +/-D correction in my first post.
E

EDIT:
Added the PCB track for clarity.
I am not impressed by the PCB artwork layout.;)

Attachments

• pcb.jpg
    pcb.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 213
  • pcb2.jpg
    pcb2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
hi,
Lets know how the project goes.
E

hi,
Lets know how the project goes.
E
hi the project was smooth here are some pictures of my programmer
update- toner transfer and hand drilled.
tmp_13845400237200591984184.jpg

tmp_13845400508091771583787.jpg
but there is problem. the programmer is only recognized as usbasp device in my fathers PC which is win7 AMD processor. in my laptop and pc which is Intel and win7 it is detected as unknown device.
don't know what to do kind of stuck.

Last edited:
hi skm,
Thanks for the pictures, pleased it went well.;)
E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back