Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Updgrading Forum Software.. New Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow forum operation.?

hi,
Is anyone else experiencing very slow operation of the forum systems, that started today.?

I estimate the access to the forum and while working on the forums to be about 33% of its previous speed/rate.

I have have checked my ISP speed thats OK, I have cleaned any suspicous adware etc from my PC. also swept for any virus problems, all clean.

EDIT:
Checked about 10 other sites I often use, all are working at their normal rates, no slow down.?

Last edited:
It was slow for me at first today but now the speed seems much better.

So far the upgrade is looking good. Only problem I'm having at the moment is that the RSS feed seems to be down.

Torben

Hi Eric,

Yes I also noticed the slowdown. However, it does seem to be running fast again as Torben has also noticed. I will monitor it closesly and if you notice it again let us know.

Torben: RSS feeds should come back to life within 24 hours as the cron cycles. Let me know if they do not.

I just figured out the slowness and why it has disappeared.

We have a php script caching system in place on this server and when I uploaded the files for the new version they would all need to be cached again.

This system compiles the php code the first time each page is loaded and then every subsequent access doesn't need to be compiled therefore lowering the cpu usage.
Glad thats off my mind!

I just figured out the slowness and why it has disappeared.

We have a php script caching system in place on this server and when I uploaded the files for the new version they would all need to be cached again.

This system compiles the php code the first time each page is loaded and then every subsequent access doesn't need to be compiled therefore lowering the cpu usage.
Glad thats off my mind!

That's more or less what I figured. It's all looking good now (and I got my RSS feed back a few hours ago too).

Torben

hi Electro Master,

You seem to have hit the 'G' spot, its close to normal this morning.

Regards

Working fine, and I like the narrower format.

However, I don't seem to be getting the e-mail notifications for new posts to subscribed threads. I checked my options, and they seem OK. Anthing else to check?

John

Working fine, and I like the narrower format.

However, I don't seem to be getting the e-mail notifications for new posts to subscribed threads. I checked my options, and they seem OK. Anthing else to check?

John

Same here. I am going to take another stroll through the options but I haven't found anything yet.

Torben

OK, it looks like the forum software is not marking subscribed threads with the Notification flag (or whatever it's called in the backend). I have my options set to "Instant email notification" but when I list my subscribed threads, none are checked in the Notification column. If I check them and then leave the page and return, they are again unchecked.

Torben

I leave for six days and come back to this!? :D

I like it. It will take some getting used to... ;)

Format is great.

I miss the black diode icon in the my favorites section.

It stood out better than the new blue icon.

hi,
It was slow access during the conversion, Electromaster explained the reason Ok, it seemed to come back to normal over the next day , but now its getting much slower again.

Anyone else having the same experience.??:confused:

EDIT: for example it took almost 45 seconds to close the text window after pressing the Submit button for this post.!

Last edited:
i do experiance it also slower but normaly thats the local conection here i think

the speed here varries always

other thing i miss after the update is the edit button
is it not posibble anymore to edit your own post????

Robert-Jan

edit button does apear again Nothing said

Last edited:
The black diode will come back :) just browser cache needs to be updated..

Yeah sorry about the slowness, we sent out a newsletter to all members about the competition and new features. Slowed things down quite alot for about 10 hours (70,000 emails!). I believe this has now finished.

Rjvh: We have decided to limit editing posts to 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back