Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

up down counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

maruf10

i am trying to design an up down counter circuit which will increment counter when a person enters and decrement when a person leaves a room.
but the problem is,how will i pass 1/0 when a person enters/leaves a room to up/down the counter?

i want to add some more things.
it will be a mod-60 up down counter
there is only one door for entrance and leaving
assuming that no person will try to trick the counter
i have already designed the counter circuit and seven segment display
how to pass 1/0 to the counter?
i have tried to do but at the end of process everything is wrong

i am totally confused.
need a block diagram badly.

thanks is advance.

Firstly, when will you know whether a person is leaving or entering a room?Time wise?

A simple approach i did was use an ASM.I used two doors,one for entering and the other for leaving.Although the counter was less(it was just for practice).

About your question you can use a LED and a photo resistor to detect the disruption although the duration can eb a problem else use a photo sensor.

Think quadrature decoder. Gives direction and count for up-down counter. Two detector beam sensors...A and B...at the door(s). A person entering the room breaks A first, then B. A person leaving the room breaks B first then A.

This might help: **broken link removed**

Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back