Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

up/down counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilwa-san

hi everybody

can some one explain to me how this counter works
comp.png

its: Ctr BIN 4bits prog-CTR-PIPO-RAZ sync
:confused:
(PS: i only have basic infos about electronics == i suck )
help please

hi everybody

can some one explain to me how this counter works
View attachment 53677

its: Ctr BIN 4bits prog-CTR-PIPO-RAZ sync
:confused:
(PS: i only have basic infos about electronics == i suck )
help please

hi,
It looks like this type, view the pdf

Attachments

• 74LS193.pdf
    273.8 KB · Views: 180
It would help if we knew the part number.

you mean this : 74HC163

i realy don't get the data sheets so if sombody could explain to me how to make it work as up and down counter ...
thanks

The 74HC163 is a binary "up" counter. It is not an up/down counter.

If that's the device you're looking at (74HC163), it's not an up/down counter. Counts up only.

Here's the datasheet. Look at the timing example on page 9. It shows the counter being preloaded with a value (12) and the count cycles started, counting up to fifteen rolling over to zero, counting to two and stopping (count enable inhibited). Does that help?

It's a fairly complex little device. You need to become familiar with the nomenclature and terminology. "Px" are parallel inputs. "Qx" are outputs. The rest are basically mode-setting and enable/disable lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back