Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unobtaineum for etching

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I have been looking for ammonium persulphate for etching, and all I can find is sodium persulphate(not very soluble) mixed with sodium bisulphate(acid, helps a bit) and sodium sulphate(dross). From the speed of etching and the quantity of copper etched, I think the bulk of the stuff is sodium sulphate. I can apparently obtain ammonium persulphate from the States in small quantities, at exorbitant prices plus astronomical shipping costs.
Australia offers fair sized tubs at reasonable prices but they can't ship abroad. A chap in Tyneside can offer me £1000 a tonne.
Does anyone know if I can get this substance in the UK at all, or is it one of those hazardous substances that little kiddies like us shouldn't play with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back