Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unlock the Child and Tune Lock in a local made old traditional tube television

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinesh Gupta

I have an old television which I got from my friend. Some of the channels have child and tune lock on. Now neither I am able ti tune the televison and nor i am able to view these channels. Can you help me if there is a way that I can factory reset my television.May be by changing any hardware chip or just plug something out and then plug it in

Please let me know in case you need some other info

Totally depends on the television as to make and model and how the parental control was setup. There is no simple answer that I am aware of.

Ron

I have an old television which I got from my friend.
Why not ask your friend?

JimB

Reminds me of the scrambling my cable TV company did to "adult" pay-per-view movies. Shhhhh (it was challenging and fun to de-scramble them).

Have you tried to Google your TV set?

Typically every TV that is programmable for something has a master reset function built into it someplace that resets everything back to factory default settings.

You just need to find out how your particular model does it.

There might be a memory backup battery. If you remove it and discharge the circuit that may accomplish your goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back