Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardwire

This is a long shot, but I'm trying to find out the make and model of a transformer I worked with briefly about 3 years ago, and can no longer find in my lab. I wrote down all the markings I could see on the package:

Part number? "MGO - W26350" or "MCO - W26350"

Only other markings were for the primary and secondary:

"1-2-3 3k CT PAT"
"4-5-6-7 3k SPLIT"

It was a small PCB-mount transformer used for isolation of 0 - 5V AC signals.

Like I said, it's a long shot for anyone to simply recognize that part number, but I'm hoping. Apparently Google hasn't heard of it either.

What frequency?

How about a mains transformer with a twin 0-6V primary?

Hero999 said:
What frequency?

How about a mains transformer with a twin 0-6V primary?
Can't really talk about the frequencies. I've found another transformer that works okay for the application but an older more "original" design used this unknown transformer that I can't find anymore. Was just hoping that someone recognized the part number, but it's a long shot at best.

Just out of curiosity what type of transformer did you use in the end?

Hero999 said:
Just out of curiosity what type of transformer did you use in the end?
Tamura TTC-203SL:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/03/TTC-203SL.pdf

The datasheet says it's freq. response is only up to 3.5kHz. I'm pretty sure the older unknown transformer had a wider range, so I'm looking into other replacements.

Actually, I have a question. If you can see the datasheet I linked, what exactly does the spec mean for frequency response? "0.15, -0.35dB 300Hz to 3.5kHz"? Does this mean response has only dropped by 0.35dB @ 3.5kHz?

Hardwire said:
Can't really talk about the frequencies. I've found another transformer that works okay for the application but an older more "original" design used this unknown transformer that I can't find anymore. Was just hoping that someone recognized the part number, but it's a long shot at best.

if you cant't talk , at least you can say the sorroudigs where it it is used and for what purpose? whether the primary is connected or expected to be connected to public mains as input / or/

is it connected to telecom or modem -- /or/

is it an smps power supply transformer--

if you can't speak for your requirements -- how can these doctors treat your case dear

Sarma

mvs sarma said:
if you cant't talk , at least you can say the sorroudigs where it it is used and for what purpose? whether the primary is connected or expected to be connected to public mains as input / or/

is it connected to telecom or modem -- /or/

is it an smps power supply transformer--

if you can't speak for your requirements -- how can these doctors treat your case dear

Sarma
I was just hoping that someone recognized the part number in my first post. I have chosen a replacement part that seems to work well.

But here are some more details about the application:

This transformer is being used to isolate incoming -2.5V to +2.5V sinusoidal signals from another system. There is basically a pre-amplifier that must be isolated from a signal processing circuit. If the output of the pre-amp is not transformer isolated from the input of the processing circuit, it doesn't work (signal processor doesn't read correct frequencies/levels, etc.). It is a little like AC coupling an input to throw away DC levels.

No connection to public mains or anything... primary is just passing sine waves to the secondary for isolation purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back