Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown IC manufacturer HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LabTech

I have an IC manufactured by the same company that makes this particular IC. Judging by the Identifier on the board it is some kind of transistor or FET. The IC I am questioning is P/N: BA8L28 i believe with a date code of 4466 on it. I've searched the net for the part numbers of the pictured IC and the one I'm really looking for. If anyone out there can identify this manufacturer I'd be ever grateful. If it helps any, the part in question is part of a power supply circuit from the looks of it, on a laptop motherboard from a hp/compaq computer made within the last 2 years. The board was manufactured by Foxcon. Again, the IC in the picture is identical in all ways except the part number and date codes are different, made by the same company with that logo.

Attachments

• Motherboard IC 001.jpg
    Motherboard IC 001.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 549
Everytime i use that it says "Service unavailable". This below is the best picture I can get of the IC. This IC is NOT the IC i'm looking for but rather made by the same manufacturer. The IC I'm looking for is in the previous post. I want to know the Manufacturer's name.

Attachments

• Motherboard IC 001.jpg
    Motherboard IC 001.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 333
I searched yesterday with no success.:(

If you look at the copper track to the ic, only pins 4 and 5 are not linked together.????

Attachments

• Motherboard IC 001.jpg
    Motherboard IC 001.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
I searched yesterday with no success.:(

If you look at the copper track to the ic, only pins 4 and 5 are not linked together.????

On all of the IC's made by this manufacturer, only 2 pins on the entire IC are used, which is why I am thinking it is some kind of FET, Transistor, or diode of some kind, but I cannot find the partnumbers on the internet for any of them. I was hoping someone would recognize this logo and know the manuf.

[Edit] I've looked up the IC manufacturer's logo guide on Wiki Howto identify integrated circuit (chip) manufacturers by their logos - Wikihowto: a howto site anyone can edit

and I do not see it there

Last edited:
On all of the IC's made by this manufacturer, only 2 pins on the entire IC are used, which is why I am thinking it is some kind of FET, Transistor, or diode of some kind, but I cannot find the partnumbers on the internet for any of them. I was hoping someone would recognize this logo and know the manuf.

I did find some obscure ref to inductors on the web and also the 8N2 [cap is too obvious]

What do resistance they measure on those two 'active' pins.??

On all of the IC's made by this manufacturer, only 2 pins on the entire IC are used, which is why I am thinking it is some kind of FET, Transistor, or diode of some kind

Are the other pins connected to positive and ground?, the later picture looked like it was - which means it could well be an I2C EEPROM - which only needs CLK and DATA pins, plus supply, ground and select pins connected to on or the other.

After more carefully examining this under a microscope and pulling the IC off the board, it looks more to me like a FET or Transistor. Here is why I think this, there are 3 "leads". The 4 pins on the top of the picture I circled are all connected to the same trace (0 ohm resistance between them) The 3 on the bottom are connected to a completely different trace (0 ohm resistance). The line on the side that I circled which I too thought was a trace until I pulled the part off is actually just a break in the two traces. and then theres the lone pin going to a via thru the board. I get resistance of 55k from pin 4 to pins 1-3, and 70k from pin 4 to pins 5-8.

Attachments

• Motherboard%20IC%20001.jpg
    Motherboard%20IC%20001.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 297
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back