Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumble

Does anybody know what component that is between the collector of the transistor and the load? I have never seen anything like this and it is not in any of my reference books. Thanks.

Attachments

• Unknown.JPG
    Unknown.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 193
It's not a normal symbol, it may perhaps be supposedly a switch?.

But the entire circuit looks weird!.

We received this from a customer and it is designed for a burn-in test for multiple transformers with the secondary loaded. But I agree; this is not the way I would have done it!:confused:

If it is a switch or some sort of circuit protection, then it is definitely in the wrong spot. Perhaps it is meant to be a test point?

Fine,
You have shown us a schematic as you got it. why not take a real photo of the portion of circuit?
I presume it to be ferrite bead for RF Higher frequencies or Harmonics not to interfere with the working.
As rightly pointed by Nigel, the circuit appears weird. I imagine that the designer is extracting multiple outputs from one input and at different impedances, as already indicated by you.

Last edited:
The circuit itself is badly drawn. The poorly drawn switch is no exception. But why put it there?

Fine,
You have shown us a schematic as you got it. why not take a real photo of the portion of circuit?
I presume it to be ferrite bead for RF Higher frequencies or Harmonics not to interfere with the working.
As rightly pointed by Nigel, the circuit appears weird. I imagine that the designer is extracting multiple outputs from one input and at different impedances, as already indicated by you.

We do not have the circuit; the customer send us this schematic as part of their spec sheet. What the customer wants us to do is load the secondaries and excite the primaries with this circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back