Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown component symbol - three inputs and hashtag symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi.

I have this part of a schematic with a part that I cannot remember to have seen the symbol for earlier.
The only thing I know, based on the text is that it is supposed to connect to some kind of temperature censor.

I added a red ring around the mentioned symbol.

Anybody seen this before?

Attachments

• hastag-component-pluss.png
    hastag-component-pluss.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 266
i wonder whether he is trying to either show ADC element or, a serial data bus for a sensor.

Bump.

No one has ever seeing this symbol?

It is taken from an old (from the 80 - 90's) control circuit for a circuit breaker. I won't be able to upload the whole thing because it consist of some 80 pages.

I think it could be an IEC logic symbol. I found this page that gives some information but it does not help as the symbol (O with vertical bar through it.) is shown to mean "Highly complex function" This is the last entry in table 3.1 on page 4 of the document. ( 8 of 32 on the PDF page numbering.)

Edit.
Ignore this reply. I did not read the post heading properly. I was looking at the wrong logic element.

Les.

Last edited:
From my limited understanding of IEEE symbology, (adopted by IEC) ...
the # indicates logic control and // indicates a parallel analog bus.

I expect it means an analog MUX which has a analog signal conditioner front end for a thermocouple sensor.

These are products often sold by Schneiders.

THe symbology is intended to be as vague as possible on implementation but vaguely specific on the interface type. This language is definitely not for me.

Φ means highly complex controller.

Thanks guys. It make sense that the producer doesn't show everything :meh:

I do not think this is any typical symbol. Probably a tribally understood symbol within the organization that drew it. But maybe it leaves enough clues to figure out what it means. Sorry, the following isn't going to be very coherent, but just take it as a series of clues/possibilities.

The drawing says (paraphrased) that T1 is the same as T2 thru T9. Under T2 thru T9, they are listed as PT100 temp sensors. I am 90% sure that the sensor in question is a 3-wire PT100 sensor. But the rest of the symbology is a mystery.

I have seen some symbols on PT100 sensors which look almost like a pound sign:

csm_pt100-wires-colors_56f044b05f.jpg

Maybe the system which generated the schematic was incapable of drawing the "half-pound-sign" like in the above image, so they substituted the pound sign.

As for the "//" the first thing that comes to mind is "parallel"

Maybe parallel means in a bridge configuration. That is done sometimes, like a wheatstone bridge:

3450Fig01.gif

maybe it is a niche industry symbol. Here is an image taken from a **broken link removed**:

**broken link removed**
They are apparently using "#" to mean signal ground or something. And there is a resistor in parallel, maybe that could be expressed as "//"

Sorry that's all I can think of...

Hi.

I have this part of a schematic with a part that I cannot remember to have seen the symbol for earlier.
The only thing I know, based on the text is that it is supposed to connect to some kind of temperature censor.

I added a red ring around the mentioned symbol.

Anybody seen this before?

Looks to me like just the unit number of multiple devices.
The bottom note states "The same applies to sensors T2 thru T9".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back