Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

uranium

Hello
I've found a circuit and I have not the tools and not enough knowledge to demermine what is it.

Here is a picture from the circuit and, what I guess, the "blue print" of it. Notice there is a part capacitor missing, but it was like this when i unscrew it from the system.

The blue capacitors are "sec 222M SE 250V~X1 Y1 400V~C". The green one has nothing on it written and the coil has "884193 TWI 0335" but didn't find the real specs.

If there is someone is able figure out what it is, feel free to post :)

Attachments

• 13035469_916715271778228_1620733791_o.jpg
    13035469_916715271778228_1620733791_o.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 184
  • circuit.png
    circuit.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 174
Manuf such as Corcom and other manuf make these L/C mains filters for Industrial uses etc.
They are sometimes included in the input to a PC P.S. etc.
Max.

Ok thanks!

So it won't help me if i connect this to a speacker? It's main goal is to reduce de noise ? (from what i've read)

Last edited:
Ok thanks!

So it won't help me if i connect this to a speacker? It's main goal is to reduce de noise ? (from what i've read)

It would make no improvement, and could well decrease power, and limit frequency response - you DON'T use them with speakers.

It's to reduce the levels of mains borne noise entering the device, and also to reduce possible noise FROM the device going out down the mains as well.

A common use in in microwave ovens, where it's more to prevent noise going out than coming in.

Thank you for all theses precisions :)

Learning everyday :) I'm still going to keep it, if the other oven crashes! :p (Mhééé Nope xD )

Have a nice day/night :)

That is a RFI filter that goes between the AC line and a cheaply-made Asian consumer-electonics that contains a switching power supply. Its job is to fix the problem created by the crappy Asian Electronics Manufacturer that left the required RFI filter out of their product so they can sell their piece of crap $2 cheaper than a better-made competitor...

That is a RFI filter that goes between the AC line and a cheaply-made Asian consumer-electonics that contains a switching power supply. Its job is to fix the problem created by the crappy Asian Electronics Manufacturer that left the required RFI filter out of their product so they can sell their piece of crap $2 cheaper than a better-made competitor...

The board referred to in this thread is not an after market accessory to fix a bad product. It is the necessary RFI filter in a (probably) properly designed product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back