Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

university project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must construct a function generator with these specification : frequency areas are 10Hz-100Hz,100Hz-1KHz,1KHz-10KHz,10KHz-100KHz and in the output i want semitonic wave 0-12Vpp,square wave 0-12Vpp and triangular wave 0-12Vpp

Please help me with the circuits.I want to be as simple as possible in order to manage to construct them.I've find some circuits till now from the net but i don't know if they are suitable for my project.I base on your help and experience.

electronics_student said:
I must construct a function generator with these specification : frequency areas are 10Hz-100Hz,100Hz-1KHz,1KHz-10KHz,10KHz-100KHz and in the output i want semitonic wave 0-12Vpp,square wave 0-12Vpp and triangular wave 0-12Vpp

Please help me with the circuits.I want to be as simple as possible in order to manage to construct them.I've find some circuits till now from the net but i don't know if they are suitable for my project.I base on your help and experience.

Can you show what you have so far? What circuits are you looking at and what don't you understand about them?

People on this site will help you with your project, but only if you are willing to show that you're working on it yourself.

Torben

What's a semitonic wave?

There used to be ICs for this, like the MAX038 and ICL8039 can do this but they've gone obsolete.

However, they're still lots of them about so check eBay and surplus suppliers.

Also, please note that this is your project and we won't do all the work for you.

Hero999 said:
What's a semitonic wave?

There used to be ICs for this, like the MAX038 and ICL8039 can do this but they've gone obsolete.

However, they're still lots of them about so check eBay and surplus suppliers.

Also, please note that this is your project and we won't do all the work for you.

Yes Futurlec has the MAX ($20.90) part:
https://www.futurlec.com/Maxim/MAX038CPP.shtml

and I've seen the ICL part ($16.50) there too:
https://www.futurlec.com/Harris/ICL8038.shtml

There is a link to the manufacturer's data sheet on the bottom of each page.

Last edited:
Untill now i have find this circuit :**broken link removed**

The main problem is that this construction have to be made on breadboard and that's why i want something simple.What is more,the circuit must not contain any integrated circuit.I don't know if the circuit above matches my specification!!Also i have to construct a power supply but this is easy in comparison with the generator.

electronics_student said:
Untill now i have find this circuit :**broken link removed**

The main problem is that this construction have to be made on breadboard and that's why i want something simple.What is more,the circuit must not contain any integrated circuit.I don't know if the circuit above matches my specification!!Also i have to construct a power supply but this is easy in comparison with the generator.

That circuit contains two ICs (the LM301A and LF411 op amps), so I guess you won't be able to use it.

Are you supposed to design the circuit yourself, or just show that you can build it from instructions you find on the net?

Torben

I made a Wien Bridge sine-wave generator about 100 years ago that didn't use ICs. It used a lightbulb for its amplitude stability (bounce, bounce and bounce) and a few transistors as its amplifier

It used a Schmitt-trigger made with transistors to make its output into a square-wave and it used a bunch of transistors as an integrator to make its output into a triangle wave.

Whatever - i have the right to choose.of course it would be better to design it on my own and i am gonna take a better mark but if i find sth on the net and i can make it then there is no problem.Whatever i choose i have to explain it later on the professor and that the problem as most of the ready circuits are complicated and difficult to understand.

audioguru said:
I made a Wien Bridge sine-wave generator about 100 years ago that didn't use ICs. It used a lightbulb for its amplitude stability (bounce, bounce and bounce) and a few transistors as its amplifier

It used a Schmitt-trigger made with transistors to make its output into a square-wave and it used a bunch of transistors as an integrator to make its output into a triangle wave.

i would like to see this circuit if it's possible.It may be what i want.

As said we've said above, we don't mind helping you but we're not going to do all the work for you.

A wein brige oscillator is probably the way to go. You can use a dual gang pot to vary the value of two resistors and use a rotary switch to change the capacitor values.

You can build a wien bridge oscillator using transistors. Here's I circuit I found in less than a miniute using Google image search.

https://images.google.com/images?cl...ceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi
**broken link removed**

I don't want you to do the work for me.I ask for your help as i'm in the first year in university and my professors have extravagant demands.Something that seems simple to you it's not for me.I can also search through the net for circuits but i can't understand if sth matches my expectation.If i see the circuit above without info and explanation i can't understand if in the output gives triangle or square.Thank you very much for your help and i really appreciate it.I am just a lame in electronics as everyone here when they first work on this field. Now if somebody wants really to help i'm ready to listen.

electronics student said:
I ask for your help as i'm in the first year in university and my professors have extravagant demands.
Then perhaps you should talk to him about this.

**broken link removed**

i found this.Can you explain me how to change the numbers in the components in order to make them match my specification???

Last edited:
The circuit you found uses very old 1458 dual opamp ICs that don't work above a few kHz. They are ICs so you can't use them.

The schematic you found is using opAmps, which are ICs. I think your prof hasn't kept up with the real world, and if he or she hasn't given you the information you need to do this project, has failed you.
I suppose you could build each stage with discreets, like the oscillator cct. which Hero999 found for you (and which you should have found using google!)
The first step, then, is to get the oscillator working.

**broken link removed**

My prof said me that i can use only some specific IC's.He only accepts LM555,LM741,MC7815C,LM318,LF411,KA7915,JGDW01M.In the circuit above there is LM301A.Can i change it with one of them??If not what can i do??

ok guys!firstly i wanna thank you about your support untill now.
Now- i decided to construct the circuit above.I have also found a suitable power supply and i thought that i had finished when a classmate told me that i need to amplify the output.I think its called booster?Do you know if its necessary for a circuit like this and what can you suggest me??I really need your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back